Monday, May 3, 2010

Cakes, Cakes and WHAT?

My first cake, prior to lessons
1st class cake (Randy is a coworker of Chad's)

Creepish Clown Cake #1 (per Pierce's request)


Class clown cake (per the teacher's request)

Finale Class Cake

Baby Shower Cupcakes

Do I really need to describe?

I finished my Wilton Course 1 cake decorating class and learned a lot along the way. I posted a progression of photos (and just in case you are wondering, I DID NOT choose the clown theme, it was the class assignment. If you ask me they are creepy and look like they are straight out the 70's). Chad particularly liked my second clown cake and told me that the clown I made lying on his stomach looked like a lobster. Unfortunately, I can't say he was wrong.
The final 3 pictures are baby shower cupcakes (my first cake job!), and just in case you were wondering they were for the local La Leche group and the booby cupcakes were their request. I have to say, they came out amazingly realistic, even if they did turn out to be a little more "stripper" and a little less "la leche" than I wanted!






No comments: