Sunday, September 20, 2009

Coupons and Coffee




I have a new hobby. I spend countless hours every week clipping coupons, scanning coupon sites and studying grocery store adds. It all pays off in the end. This week I saved over $40! There is something so rewarding about watching the clerk scanning those coupons and watching that bill get lower and lower! On Sunday mornings I load the kids in the car, grocery list and coupons in hand and head to the store. When we arrive, Pierce likes to ask, "Are we at the sale?". After shopping comes the real pay off. I reward myself with a soy skinny vanilla latte from the Starbucks across the street. This morning, after placing my order at the drive through, the lady asks "is that all?" As I answer "yes" and start to pull forward, Pierce yells into the receiver really fast "AND I WANT A CHOCOLATE MILK!". Now, after all this coupon clipping I refuse to pay $3 for a chocolate milk and tell him that I will make him one at home, extra chocolatey. Needless to say, he wasn't very happy about this, and mumbles under his breath all the way home, "HA, HA, HA, Chocolate". (He says HA HA HA when he is really mad about something). It all turned out fine in the end. He settled for the extra chocolatey chocolate milk in my empty Starbucks cup.


No comments: