Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Bellies, Bellies, Bellies
We're getting close now! 35 weeks and 5 days. I am "officially" off bed rest in 2 days. I'm trying to decide how to celebrate. Starbucks grande decaf no whip skim white chocolate mocha or McDonalds shamrock shake? Decisions, decisions, decisions. I might have to go for the shake. It's only available for a couple of weeks during the year.
Here are some pictures I took yesterday and a short video of the little guy in action. According to my ultrasound yesterday the baby weighs 5lb 11 oz (+/- 8oz). My goal is to make it to my hair appointment next Wednesday. I am hoping that Alberto can work his magic, so at least my hair will look decent in my hospital pictures (unlike my pictures with Pierce, in which I have 4 inches of dark roots and am wearing a dingy old mans flannel shirt Chad brought me to wear. He'll never live that one down.)!
I've been keeping Chad very busy around the house getting ready for the baby. I help as much as I can, but that's not much. I'm really good at giving directions though:-) The schedule for this weekend is to steam clean all the carpets and car, and to install the car seat. Everything else is all ready. Baby clothes are washed, crib is put together (not that it will be used in the next 6 months) and hospital bag is packed and in the car. I'm just waiting to get my laundry detergent in the mail so I can wash all my diapers.
Thank goodness for online shopping. It's been a lifesaver since I can't get out to the stores. I am expecting 9 packages this week! Other than shopping, I spend my time daydreaming about what it will be like to have a new baby in the house. I'm looking forward to all those baby kisses and hugs. Trying to get a kiss from a 3 year old boy goes something like this.
Me: Can I have a kiss?
Pierce: No.
Me: Ok, I didn't want one anyway.
Pierce: You can kiss me.
Me: (Smooch on the cheek)
Pierce: Don't kiss me anymore mommy, your lips are dirty.
I can't complain too much. I do get lots of great hugs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'd go with the shake too. Great video of a very active baby!
Love to all of you,
Pappy
Post a Comment